Now that back to school day is over, keep your parents informed about what’s going on in your classes through your blog as well as a wikispaces site.
Advantages of wikispaces:
- students can be the authors of their pages while you still hold administrative power
- videos (imovies, voicethread, flip camera quicktime movies, recordings from photo booth) are all simple to upload to a wikipage
- ohana and other students can c0mment directly on voicethreads from the wikispace rather than sift through drafts of presentations on the voicethread site
- the site is as private as you want it to be
- if someone inadvertently erases some content, it’s easy to fix, as the program tracks who changed what and when
- wikispaces, unlike your school blog, can be worked on from home
Check out the wikispaces sites of some of your colleagues, and if you’re ready to add to your repertoire, I’ll be happy to help you set up a site.