We have learnt from past experience, that cheating hurts the cheater, however, beating them over the head with a bag of rocks hurts a lot more. (6)
1. “learnt” should be “learned.”
2. “past experience” is redundant.
3. There is no comma prior to the direct object “that cheatig hurts the cheater.”
4. The two independent clauses must be connected with a semi-colon or a comma and conjunction.
5. “them” should be “him” or “her.” Or we caan change the antecedent to “cheaters.” (Note: it’s not a good practice to rely on changing the antecedent)
6. “a lot” is slang. Use “much” if an intensifier is necessary.
We have learned from experience that cheating hurts the cheater; however, beating him over the head with a bag of rocks hurts much more.