As one of my SMART goals, I committed to a PD Tuesday post – 1 per week with an email blast out until December 18 (or whenever SY13-14 budgets were due), so with our budget deadline at November 30, this is my last post to share PD opportunities for next school year. I’ll continue to look for free PD until the last weekly post on December 18(3 more posts). Hope these weekly posts got you thinking outside of the little box called your classroom.
Here’s an eclectic mix of potpourri possibilities for individual, department, team or group conferences by approximate month that they are offered: (links are for this year’s conference)
October: Schools of the Future
- What – Hawaii tech and curriculum conference
- Why – a cheaper, smaller version of ISTE, but a great place to get our feet wet in presenting our current programs/projects/successes at Kula Waena
- Why: understand the unique needs of our students and understand the current trends of middle schools around the nation
- Minneapolis in November. Brrrrrrrrrr
February: Learning and the Brain Conference
- Why: leading researchers in the field of brain research share ways to improve innovation, thinking, and imagination in students
April: Hawaii STEM Conference
- Why: statewide STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) conference for students, teachers, parents to network and share STEM projects, as well as get ideas for new STEM projects
- Why: This is the big Kahuna of technology conferences for educators with leveled sessions that range from beginner to advanced, as well as off-site mini conferences, tweet ups, mashups, bloggespheres, etc. Doing the Kamisato means you bring a steno notebook and a pencil to a tech conference – only for the truly advanced. 🙂
As always, if you have any questions, or need help, email me or call x20464.