What: On Saturday, May 10 from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, Kua O Ka Lā public charter school and Ho’oulu Lahui will be holding a workshop on ‘ulu for community food security and economic opportunity. Tickets are $12 for this event.
Buy tickets here (Eventbrite)
8:30 am registration at Kua O Ka Lā
9 am pule then participants will rotate between six different presentation stations, every half hour.
- Tree to Table: harvesting tricks and tips, postharvest handling
- Beyond Sticky : basic preparation and handling for use in a variety of dishes or for storage
- Cultural Perspective: breadfruit and the cultural importance in Hawai’i
- Some Like it Sweet: Making gourmet dishes from ripe breadfruit
- Going to Market: Where to sell breadfruit? How much to charge? What kinds of value added products are viable?
- Gourmet to Home Cooking: exploring favorite local recipes and new ways to cook with breadfruit
12:30 lunch and ‘ulu flour demonstration
Questions? Call 990-4243